It’s been a horrid few days. The nature of the events of January 7th left us in shock and we’re slowly coming to terms with the gravity of what happened in France. Around the world, shows of support and solidarity were numerous and most welcome.
And then, came the hypocrites.
Senator Roy Blunt
- 2003: “Do you know how many Frenchmen it takes to defend Paris? It’s not known. It’s never been tried”.
- 2003: “Somebody was telling me about the French Army rifle that was being advertised on eBay the other day — the description was, ‘Never shot. Dropped once”
- 2015: Thinking of #Paris victims & families impacted by deadly attack at #CharlieHebdo. Yet another reminder must stay vigilant here at home. https://twitter.com/RoyBlunt/status/552864309630746625
- 2006: “I mean, I don’t know about you, but I`m to a point where I can’t even keep up with all of the reasons I hate the French.”
- 2015: It’s Not Too Late To Speak Out: I Am Charlie | Glenn Beck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXUnNReMOhc&feature=youtu.be
- 1995: cheese-eatin’ surrender monkeys! – Popularized by Jonah Goldberg
- 2015: “je suis Charlie”
- 2003: “Fuck the French”
- 2015: Very disappointed we were not represented in Paris today by POTUS or an Admin member whose face has worldwide recognition-we let France down https://twitter.com/smerconish/status/554480434470723584
Found any more blatant hypocrites? If so, add them to the comment section!