MIKE FOSTER, GOVERNOR OF LOUISIANA
- “I don’t know why you’d ask a snake to come visit you,”
- “I don’t like the way they have done us,”
- “We have soldiers in harm’s risk, and the old boy that runs France still runs around trying to do us as much harm as he could.”
- Chirac has “gone off the deep end” and should stay home rather than join Louisiana’s Bicentennial party.
A.G. CROWE, STATE REP., LA.
A.G. Crowe planned to put a resolution before the state House of Representatives of Lousiana rescinding an invitation for Chirac to take part in closing ceremonies for the Louisiana Purchase Bicentennial Celebration.
BILL OWENS, GOVERNOR OF COLORADO
- “You know why they planted those big trees along the boulevard in Paris? So the invading armies could march in the shade.” – June 2004
- And, he continued, “You know why the new French navy has glass-bottom boats? So it can see the old French navy.” – June 2004