Over the last two years, we have monitored many media outlets gathering a large array of anti-French materials. One of the most outspoken anti-French proponents is Jay Leno. His comments in L.A. Weekly in September 2004 reveal how deeply rooted his prejudices are on this topic.
It’s time to Educate Jay Leno. Instead of going the usual route of a letter writing campaign, or other classic activist tactics, we have decided to start an education fund to purchase books and materials in an effort to educate Jay on this very disastrous period of French history.
You are therefore invited to donate now so we can buy and deliver the following books to Jay Leno.
Our current selection
- LANGER (W. R.), Our Vichy Gamble, Alfred Knopf, New York, 1947.
- KEDWARD (H. R.), In search of the Maquis, OUP, Oxford, 1993
- MAGUIRE, (G. E.), Anglo-American policy towards the Free French, Macmillan, Basingstoke, 1995
- ROUGEYRON (A), Agents for escape. Inside the French Resistance, 1939-45, Louisiana state UP, 1996
- SWEETS (J. F.), The Politics of Resistance in France, 1940-1944, Northern Illinois University Press, Chicago, 1976
- CRAWLEY (A.) Charles de Gaulle – Biography, Collins
- WHITE (D.S.), Seeds of Discord DeGaulle, Free France, & the Allie, Syracuse U.P.
- BERTHON (S.), Allies at War, Harper Collins, 2001